POSITION: MAINTENANCE – FORKLIFTS, VEHICLES AND FACILITIES
This is an opportunity for a self-motivated, conscientious and experienced maintenance professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment with a variety of work and collaborative, respectful coworkers. The Bottle Depot operates three facilities in Victoria with a range of mechanical and electrical equipment including forklift trucks and hydraulic equipment. Keeping recyclable waste out of landfills, safely processing material for re-use and transporting materials efficiently and responsibly are part of Bottle Depot’s proud mission.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, Managers and Supervisors, effectively manages the maintenance of all equipment, vehicles and facilities.
- Performs preventative maintenance work and repairs primarily for 4 single axle 5ton box trucks, forklifts, electric pallet jacks, electric floor washers, pneumatic cart release mechanism, often involving wiring repairs, and adjustments.
- Responds quickly to trouble-shoot, diagnose and undertake on site repairs as equipment/vehicle failures arise; recommends third party repairs or servicing, as required. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Proven mechanical skills; competent and experienced with Electric floor washers and pallet jacks.
- Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Proven interpersonal capability; ability to work collaboratively with others and serve in a support role
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, email and use of the internet considered an asset.
- Demonstrated track record in improving operational processes.
- Initiative and Drive
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Financial and Business Acumen
- Maturity, Integrity and Ethics